Monday, July 11, 2022

Over the past several weeks, I've been working on a big project in my spare time--decorating potholders for my local Senior Assisted Living community.  This facility has 40 apartments that allow elderly, low-income residents to live independently.  So, after getting all my potholders done, I realized that I just HAD to make them each a card too. 😊

Last week, I was able to deliver them. My goal was to hang them on their doors and slip out without being seen with the idea that this might create some fun, intrigue for them. I was caught red-handed by a couple of residents, and they were quite excited and appreciative of the gift. They seemed genuinely surprised that my family (strangers to them) wanted to do this. I’m hoping I brightened their day and gave the community something fun to chat about.  

I used my Cricut Maker 3; Autopress; Cricut Glitter and Smart Iron-on (various colors); and potholders (Amazon).  My cards came together quite quickly because I used the 2x2 card mat and the S40 Insert Card Kits (Royal Flush Sampler, Glitz and Glam Sampler). For the inside of my cards, I just used my Word processing program to create the simple insert. If you'd like to check out the Cricut line of products.  Here is a link.  

For the potholders I did do some “tweaking” to the Access images, so here is the Design Space Project Link to my project if you’re interested in recreating them.



No comments:

Post a Comment